Saturday, February 4, 2012

Recipes for our paleo diet

This will be where I put recipe directions so I can keep track. I have them on document already but wanted to share here so I can keep organized.

Waffle recipe:

http://jensgonepaleo.blogspot.com/2010/01/paleo-waffles.html

4 eggs plus 2 egg whites (separate and beat the whites to foamy peaks w/ a pinch of sea salt)
2 T vanilla
1/2 cup So Delicious unsweeted coconut milk
1.5 cup Nut flour (your choice almond, pecan, flaxseed or all combined)
3 T Coconut flour
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 pinch fresh ground nutmeg
Instead of shredded apple and coconut, I used 2/3 cup organic apple sauce.
I mixed all the wet ingredients, save the egg whites, with the dry ingredients. I then folded the mixture into the egg whites trying to preserve as much volume as possible. After cooking, the result was a very airy and light waffle. They still are softer than regular waffles but the edges crisp in the toaster when reheating.
Each waffle is: 350 cal, 16g protein, 18.5g carbs, 25g fat

Note: Got this from her site not her recipe though it was someone that made a comment on her site. Excellent!

 
Bacon wraps I invented:


2 Jimmy dean natural sausage meat, 1lb pasture raised ground beef
Half of red & Orange Pepper (chopped up fine)
One egg to hold together
Dried onion 
Salt, peper, garlic salt, flax seed,
Wrap in Bacon

I placed in my "Super Cooker" www.sharperimagesuperwaveoven.com for 25 min it was done in 20min but I wanted more cooked bacon. You can also sprinkle on top more flax seed.

No comments:

Post a Comment